Re: pg_type

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pg_type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Yeah, adding a column to one of the core "bootstrap" tables is a real
> PITA.  But I guess we don't do it often enough to justify having more
> infrastructure for that.

Maybe we should beef up the comments in those few stratgegic headers
files a bit though.

>> Now to use the field ....
>>
> If it hasn't occurred to you already: please add a test or two in
> typ_sanity.sql to check that the column is sane, eg the type it points
> to is a varlena type that points back to the element type.

Yeah, I have the test below so far - will fix more when I have the name
generation bit done.

cheers

andrew

-- Make sure typarray points to a varlena array type of our own base
SELECT p1.oid, p1.typname as basetype, p2.typname as arraytype,      p2.typelem, p2.typlen
FROM   pg_type p1 left join pg_type p2 on (p1.typarray = p2.oid)
WHERE  p1.typarray <> 0 AND      (p2.oid IS NULL OR p2.typelem <> p1.oid OR p2.typlen <> -1);