Re: pg_type

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> One thing I've been burnt by in the past is failing to update the
>> pg_class.h DATA statement to show the right number of columns.  Also,
>> you fixed both representations of the attribute list in pg_attribute.h,
>> right?

> Thanks. Yes, it was both pg_class and pg_attribute that I had missed.
> All better now. ;-)

Yeah, adding a column to one of the core "bootstrap" tables is a real
PITA.  But I guess we don't do it often enough to justify having more
infrastructure for that.

> Now to use the field ....

If it hasn't occurred to you already: please add a test or two in
typ_sanity.sql to check that the column is sane, eg the type it points
to is a varlena type that points back to the element type.