Re: ERROR: could not read block

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ERROR: could not read block
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com> writes:
> On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 17:20, Kevin Grittner wrote:
>> ERROR:  could not read block 649847 of relation 1663/16385/16483:
>> Invalid argument

> When a block is unreadable, this means that the OS is experiencing a
> read error from the hard drive.

I'd believe that explanation if the errno were EIO (I/O error), but
EINVAL isn't really a very sane error number to return for a hardware
failure.  It'd be useful to find out what Windows error code is actually
being returned by the operating system.  I seem to recall that we've
noted some poorly chosen Windows->errno translations before, so maybe
this is another one ... but all we can really say at the moment is
"that shouldn't be happening".