Re: Fwd: How does the partitioned lock manager works?

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Fwd: How does the partitioned lock manager works?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Cui Shijun wrote:
> As the insertion algorithm described, a specific partition lock manage some
> items, but these items can be stored in anywhere of the hash table,not
> necessarily in a bucket chain.
> So there are some problems with "different partitions use different hash
> chains",
> a partition can use different hash chains,too. Am I right?

No, you're still confused. Each bucket in the hash table is a chain.
Each chain can have 0, 1, or more items.

I'd suggest that you study how the normal non-partitioned hash tables
work first. The partitioning is a straightforward extension of that.