Re: Fwd: How does the partitioned lock manager works?

От Cui Shijun
Тема Re: Fwd: How does the partitioned lock manager works?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2007/4/28, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com>:
3. Lock that partition
6. Unlock partition

I suddenly realize that LW locks are used to manage the lock hash table.So
when a item is to be inserted into hash table, we must gain that partition lock
first to change that table.
As the insertion algorithm described, a specific partition lock manage some
items, but these items can be stored in anywhere of the hash table,not
necessarily in a bucket chain.
So there are some problems with "different partitions use different hash chains",
a partition can use different hash chains,too. Am I right?