Re: Re: [DOCS] should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?

От: Magnus Hagander
Тема: Re: Re: [DOCS] should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-www

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Re: [DOCS] should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Magnus Hagander, )
 Re: [DOCS] should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
  Re: [DOCS] should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  ("Andrew Hammond", )
   Re: [DOCS] should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Magnus Hagander, )
 Re: [DOCS] should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  ("Andrew Hammond", )
 Re: Re: [DOCS] should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Dave Page, )
  Re: Re: [DOCS] should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Magnus Hagander, )
   Re: Re: [DOCS] should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  ("Andrew Hammond", )
    Re: Re: [DOCS] should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Magnus Hagander, )
   Re: Re: [DOCS] should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Robert Treat, )
   Re: Re: [DOCS] should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Bruce Momjian, )

Dave Page wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> I'm bouncing this over to -www as well to hear what people think about
>> that part. If we do that, I'd definitely like to see a proper page and
>> not just a FAQ link.
>
> Agreed, though there's no reason not to have both. Including it on the
> main site will add an air of legitimacy to satisfy PHBs.

I've added such a page to the site now, and linked it in from the
support section and from the front page. The text is more or less copied
directly from the FAQ. Updates to the text are always welcome ;-)

I suggest that we remove it from the FAQ, or replace it with a reference
to the website, once the site has updated.

//Magnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате сообщения: