Re: [pgsql-www] Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?

От: Bruce Momjian
Тема: Re: [pgsql-www] Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-docs

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  ("Andrew Hammond", )
 Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Bruce Momjian, )
  Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Magnus Hagander, )
   Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Bruce Momjian, )
    Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Magnus Hagander, )
     Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Bruce Momjian, )
      Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Peter Eisentraut, )
       Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Bruce Momjian, )
        Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Theo Kramer, )
         Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Bruce Momjian, )
        Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Magnus Hagander, )
         Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Bruce Momjian, )
      Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  ("Andrew Hammond", )
       Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Magnus Hagander, )
        Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  ("Andrew Hammond", )
         Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
          Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  ("Andrew Hammond", )
        Re: [pgsql-www] Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Dave Page, )
         Re: [pgsql-www] Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Magnus Hagander, )
          Re: [pgsql-www] Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  ("Andrew Hammond", )
           Re: [pgsql-www] Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Magnus Hagander, )
          Re: [pgsql-www] Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Robert Treat, )
          Re: [pgsql-www] Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Bruce Momjian, )
      Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Bruno Wolff III, )
       Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
        Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  ("Andrew Hammond", )
        Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Bruce Momjian, )
       Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (Bruce Momjian, )
     Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  ("Andrew Hammond", )
      Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?  (bubblboy, )

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
> > Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >> I'm bouncing this over to -www as well to hear what people think about
> >> that part. If we do that, I'd definitely like to see a proper page and
> >> not just a FAQ link.
> >
> > Agreed, though there's no reason not to have both. Including it on the
> > main site will add an air of legitimacy to satisfy PHBs.
>
> I've added such a page to the site now, and linked it in from the
> support section and from the front page. The text is more or less copied
> directly from the FAQ. Updates to the text are always welcome ;-)
>
> I suggest that we remove it from the FAQ, or replace it with a reference
> to the website, once the site has updated.

OK, FAQ text removed, and URL added:

    http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning

--
  Bruce Momjian  <>          http://momjian.us