Re: Synthesize support for Statement.getGeneratedKeys()?

От Ken Johanson
Тема Re: Synthesize support for Statement.getGeneratedKeys()?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, Ken Johanson wrote:
>
>> Hi Kris, were you able to look at this? If time wont permit that I'll
>> dig back in; though I'd prefer not to duplicate any work your're
>> doing, of course.
>
> Taking another look the obvious problem is that you haven't touched
> AbstractJdbc3Statement.getGeneratedKeys.  It still reads:
>
>     public ResultSet getGeneratedKeys() throws SQLException
>     {
>         return createDriverResultSet(new Field[0], new Vector());
>     }
>
> So an empty ResultSet is not surprising.
>
> Kris Jurka

Kris, sorry my response is late. Sometimes I get distracted by life :-)

Thanks for pointing that out. I missed the obvious. The following
replacement for that methods works; I can get the generated keys (in
conjunction with my previous patches).

I have not tested this exhaustively, nor given though about the
correctness of the null-normalization below; is this enough for you or
someone to commit the changes?

Thanks,
Ken

     public ResultSet getGeneratedKeys() throws SQLException
     {
         return result==null ?
            createDriverResultSet(new Field[0], new Vector())
             : result.getResultSet();
     }