Databases in memory (-->flashdrive problem)

От Christian Gerdes
Тема Databases in memory (-->flashdrive problem)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all together,

i hope i'm at right list...

Is there an opportunity to configure postgre to keep databases in Memory?
I need to store a lot of data (many little entries) on IDE- flashdrive.
But flashdrives have a little problem with write-cycles.
Each flash-cell can be rewritten approxiatly 300.000 times. This means for me:
there is no chance to store my db directly on flashdrive.

If i could let my databases stay in RAM (maybe RAM-Drive, if so) i may do a backup to flashdrive in a defined
frequency!?

Some thoughts? Please give me some hints...

tia
Christian