Re: performance "tests"

От Raphael Bauduin
Тема Re: performance "tests"
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> If you're going to run tests on foreign-key performance, please use
> 7.2.*.

I just installed 7.2.1. I run 7.1.3 in parallel. after I run the script
to introduce 1000 rows in T1 in each version, deleting is much faster
with 7.1.3 than with 7.2.1 (I took the same configuration parameters for
both servers...).  When running the delete query in parallel, 7.1.3
finishes really faster.

For inserts, the 7.2.1 is slightly faster for the first 3000 inserts,
from inserts from 3000 to 5000 it's more or less equivalent

I'll go further in documentation to look if I forgot something, but if
you have any hints, they're welcome :-)

Raph