Re: Proposal: Change of pg_trigger.tg_enabled and adding

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Proposal: Change of pg_trigger.tg_enabled and adding
Дата
Re: Proposal: Change of pg_trigger.tg_enabled and adding  (Markus Schiltknecht <markus@bluegap.ch>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/25/2007 6:55 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
>> The value definitions of tg_enabled would be
>
>>      A   fires always
>>      N   fires never
>>      O   fires on transaction origin only
>>      R   fires on replica only
>
>> A new per session GUC variable, restricted to superusers, will define if
>> the session is in origin or replica mode.
>
> Are you sure two states are enough?

Good question. I don't know. I'd rather error on the safe side and make
it multiple states, for now I only have Normal and Replica mode.

> No particular objection, but now would be the time to think if a boolean
> is sufficient.
>
>> Likewise the system catalog pg_rewrite is extended with an attribute
>> ev_enabled. It will have the same possible values and a new command,
>
> I assume there'd be no intention of supporting on-the-fly changes of
> this setting (ie, you'd set the GUC variable once at session startup
> and not change thereafter)?  Otherwise you'd have a problem with cached
> plans.

This is indeed the intended use pattern. Since it is restricted to
superusers, I don't see a particular reason why to enforce it in the
system though.

Jan