Re: Proposal: Change of pg_trigger.tg_enabled and adding pg_rewrite.ev_enabled

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Proposal: Change of pg_trigger.tg_enabled and adding pg_rewrite.ev_enabled
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
> The value definitions of tg_enabled would be

>      A   fires always
>      N   fires never
>      O   fires on transaction origin only
>      R   fires on replica only

> A new per session GUC variable, restricted to superusers, will define if
> the session is in origin or replica mode.

Are you sure two states are enough?

No particular objection, but now would be the time to think if a boolean
is sufficient.

> Likewise the system catalog pg_rewrite is extended with an attribute
> ev_enabled. It will have the same possible values and a new command,

I assume there'd be no intention of supporting on-the-fly changes of
this setting (ie, you'd set the GUC variable once at session startup
and not change thereafter)?  Otherwise you'd have a problem with cached
plans.