Re: Proposal: Change of pg_trigger.tg_enabled and adding pg_rewrite.ev_enabled

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Proposal: Change of pg_trigger.tg_enabled and adding pg_rewrite.ev_enabled
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
>>> A   fires always
>>> N   fires never
>>> O   fires on transaction origin only
>>> R   fires on replica only

> Good question. I don't know. I'd rather error on the safe side and make
> it multiple states, for now I only have Normal and Replica mode.

Hm, "N" up there seems easily confused with "Normal".  Perhaps a less
mistake-prone coding would be
1    fires always0    fires neverN    fires in "Normal" modeR    fires in "Replica" modeother letters available for
otherfuture mode values?

If you consistently think of "origin" and "replica" modes then the
original proposal is better (using both 0 and O would be Real Bad),
but your use of "normal" and "replica" in the followup makes me wonder
which terminology is more common.

Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Commit timestamp
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Commit timestamp