Re: tsearch in core patch, for inclusion

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: tsearch in core patch, for inclusion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Teodor Sigaev wrote:
>> the patch. I'm personally not sold on the need for modifications to the
>> SQL grammar, for example, as opposed to just using a set of SQL-callable
>> functions and some new system catalogs.
>
> SQL grammar isn't changed significantly - just add variants of
> CREATE/DROP/ALTER /COMMENTS commands. Next, functions haven't
> autocomplete feature or built-in quick help - if you don't remember
> exactly kind/type of argument(s) of function then you should read a docs.

I didn't read the patch but I did skim the docs for this and if the docs
are current I see things like this:

CREATE FULLTEXT DICTIONARY en_ispell
( OPT = 'DictFile="ispell/english.dict",        AffFile="ispell/english.aff",        StopFile="english.stop"'
) LIKE ispell_template;

ALTER FULLTEXT DICTIONARY en_stem SET OPT='english.stop';

Which to me is perfectly reasonable and intuitive. It is unfortunate
though that we still have the more odd grammar of actually using Tsearch
to query. Although I don't really have a better suggestion without
adding some ungodly obscure operator.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] how to plan for vacuum?
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] how to plan for vacuum?