Re: tsearch in core patch, for inclusion

От Teodor Sigaev
Тема Re: tsearch in core patch, for inclusion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> though that we still have the more odd grammar of actually using Tsearch
> to query. Although I don't really have a better suggestion without
> adding some ungodly obscure operator.

IMHO, best possible solution is 'WHERE table.text_field @ text'.
Operator @ internally makes equivalent of 'to_tsvector(table.text_field) @@
plainto_tsquery(text)', it's also possible to add GIN/GIST opclasses to speedup
search queries. Performance of making headline in this case will be decreased
insignificant, but ranking time will be disastrous. Because of reparsing of
whole found texts. GIST performance may be decreased too - GIST indexing of
tsvector is lossy.

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/