Trouble creating database with proper encoding

От Rob Tanner
Тема Trouble creating database with proper encoding
Дата
Re: Trouble creating database with proper encoding  (Tommy Gildseth <tommy@gildseth.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

This is my first venture into PostgreSQL.

I built and installer PostgreSQL 8.2.1 as part of a Xythos
installation.  I added a user called xythos and now I'm trying to add
the initial databases that the product requires.  From the command line,
I executed the commands:

createdb -U xythos -E UNICODE XythosDocumentStoreDB
createdb -U xythos -E UNICODE XythosGlobalDB

When I look at what I've done with psql -l, I get

              List of databases
         Name          |  Owner   | Encoding
-----------------------+----------+----------
 XythosDocumentStoreDB | xythos   | UTF8
 XythosGlobalDB        | xythos   | UTF8

I dropped the databases and recreated them with unicode (lower case) but
got the same results.

I didn't see any special configure/compile options for character
encoding, so what am I missing.

Thanks.

--

Rob Tanner