Re: Trouble creating database with proper encoding

От Brandon Aiken
Тема Re: Trouble creating database with proper encoding
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Strictly speaking, Unicode is a whole family of code pages.  Unicode
generally means multi-byte character encoding.  UTF-8 is the most common
encoding implementation of Unicode at the moment.  UTF-16 is also
popular, but very few systems need that many characters or wish to
devote that many bytes to each character.

As far as PostgreSQL is concerned, "Unicode" is an alias for "UTF8",
which is UTF-8 encoding.

See:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/multibyte.html#MULTIBYTE-
CHARSET-SUPPORTED