Re: Trouble creating database with proper encoding

От Tommy Gildseth
Тема Re: Trouble creating database with proper encoding
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rob Tanner wrote:
> createdb -U xythos -E UNICODE XythosDocumentStoreDB
> createdb -U xythos -E UNICODE XythosGlobalDB
>
> When I look at what I've done with psql -l, I get
>
>               List of databases
>          Name          |  Owner   | Encoding
> -----------------------+----------+----------
>  XythosDocumentStoreDB | xythos   | UTF8
>  XythosGlobalDB        | xythos   | UTF8
>

> I dropped the databases and recreated them with unicode (lower case) but
> got the same results.

Unicode in itself is just a standard. UTF-8 is one of the
implementations of this standard. So, your database is indeed created
with a unicode characterset

--
Tommy

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Installing Postegres side-by-side with M$ SQL
От: "Chad Wagner"
Сообщение: Re: show all record between two date after group by and aggrigation...