Re: More grist for the PostgreSQL vs MySQL mill

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: More grist for the PostgreSQL vs MySQL mill
Дата
Re: More grist for the PostgreSQL vs MySQL mill  (Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Shashank wrote:
>> It seems MySQL just dropped the ball on
>> the free version of their product, and it
>
> Not sure what you mean. I can download their latest versions without
> any trouble.

In contrast to the MySQL Enterprise Server, which receives both monthly
rapid updates and quarterly service pack releases, there is no specific
schedule for when a new version of the MySQL Community Server is
released. While every bug fix that has been applied to the Enterprise
Server will also be available in the subsequent Community Server
release, there will be source-only releases in between full (source and
binary) Community builds. So while the latest published community
sources will always be available from the Source Downloads Section, the
binaries listed on this page may be from a previous release. In any
case, full binaries for all our supported operating systems are and will
remain conveniently available from this page.

> Where is this announcement? They don't need to drop either engine, as
> both are GPL. MySQL as a group was never too hot with BDB.

And no BDB (at least last I checked is not GPL)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Сообщение: Re: More grist for the PostgreSQL vs MySQL mill
Сообщение: Re: More grist for the PostgreSQL vs MySQL mill