Re: initdb problem on Windows XP Home

От adurrant@cogeco.ca
Тема Re: initdb problem on Windows XP Home
Дата
Re: initdb problem on Windows XP Home  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I gave restricted permissions to the postgres user on the C: drive.  After doing this, I could run initdb without
issue.
 Something doesn't sit right with me with giving access to C: drive, but it works.  If anyone has any insights on what
this problem is/was and how I can get around it without granting access to C:, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for all your help.

Alex.

> adurrant@cogeco.ca wrote:
> > Hi Richard,
> >
> > Thanks for getting back to me.
> >
> > Yes, I have a "postgres" limited account that will own the files.  (This was the one created by the installer.)  In
> > order to ensure the this user has access/full control to "C:\Program Files\Postgresql\8.1", I used the "cacls"
> > command to edit the access control list and add postgres:f.
> > i.e. I ran
> > cacls "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1" /t /e /g postgres:f
> >
> > (I've discovered this morning that I can boot in safe mode to get the Security tab on folder properties in XP Home.
> > I'll check that this evening to see if it looks correct.)
> >
> > However, to continue with your suggestion, after running the cacls statment above, I did log in as postgres and
then
> > ran:
> >     initd -D "C:\Program Files\Postgresql\8.1\data" ...
> > Yes, I did include the double quotes (due to the space in "Program Files") but it was still the same result.
"could
> > not create directory "C:/Program Files": File exists".
>
> Hmm. That doesn't make any sense to me. I'm guessing it's a different
> error code behind the scenes. I suppose you can issue
>    cd "C:/Program Files"
>    dir
> successfully as user postgres?
>
> If so, try forward slashes to match the output of the error message:
> "C:/Program Files/Postgresql/..."
>
> If that's still not working and none of the Windows guys pop up, I'll
> try and reproduce it on my XP-Pro laptop.
> --
>    Richard Huxton
>    Archonet Ltd

Сообщение: Re: Unsuccessful SIGINT - More Info
Сообщение: Re: Unsuccessful SIGINT - More Info