Re: initdb problem on Windows XP Home

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: initdb problem on Windows XP Home
Дата
Список pgsql-general
adurrant@cogeco.ca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I gave restricted permissions to the postgres user on the C: drive.  After doing this, I could run initdb without
issue.
>  Something doesn't sit right with me with giving access to C: drive, but it works.  If anyone has any insights on
what
> this problem is/was and how I can get around it without granting access to C:, I would appreciate it.

Well, read-only permissions on C: should be alright (so long as it
doesn't imply read-only on the folders below).

It might be possible to remove the permissions after installation,
although I've never tried.

If it really concerns you, you could repartition and install just
PostgreSQL on drive D: (or whatever).

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd