Re: "Optional ident" authentication

От Florian G. Pflug
Тема Re: "Optional ident" authentication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>>> My personal itch is that I'd like to have an "ident sameuser"
>>> authentication that falls back on, say, PAM authentication when system
>>> user A wants to log into postgres under a different username B.
>
> You can accomplish that with
>
>     local    sameuser    all    ident sameuser
>     local    all        all    pam

You put "sameuser" in the database column instead of the "user" column -
was the intentional? I've just tried this with "sameuser" in the user
column, and it didn't work for me. I've also searched the docs, and I
only found three references to "sameuser". One described "ident
sameuser", while the other two were in the changelog, and told me that
"sameuser" support in the _database_ column was introduced in 6.4, and
that quoting removes the special meaning of sameuser since 8.0.

Should sameuser work instead of all in the user column?

greetings, Florian Pflug