Re: "Optional ident" authentication

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "Optional ident" authentication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Florian G. Pflug" <fgp@phlo.org> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> You can accomplish that with
>>
>> local    sameuser    all    ident sameuser
>> local    all        all    pam

> You put "sameuser" in the database column instead of the "user" column -
> was the intentional? I've just tried this with "sameuser" in the user
> column, and it didn't work for me.

You're right, I was confusing the database-column feature with what's
involved here.  There isn't really any way for "sameuser" to work in the
user column, since that would require a way to identify the user's
non-database username, which is exactly the province of the auth method.
So never mind :-(.

But I still question whether Jeroen's got any real use case that can't
be handled the other way, viz
local    webapp,etc    all    ident sameuser