Re: pg_dump: schema with OID xxxxxxxx does not exist

От Peter Neish
Тема Re: pg_dump: schema with OID xxxxxxxx does not exist
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

>> Yes, 32 entries.
>>

> Wow, that's the first case I've heard of where whole tables were left
> around with no matching schema.  You'll probably find you have to drop
> both the pg_class and pg_type rows before pg_dump will work --- AFAIR
> you shouldn't have to clean out pg_attribute.

Thanks Tom. I was able to run pg_dump successfully after clearing those
rows from the pg_class and pg_type tables.

> Since it's hard to tell exactly what's going on here, I'd suggest a
> pg_dumpall/initdb/reload sequence to be sure there isn't any other
> undetected corruption.  Be sure to check that the dump contains
> everything you expect though.

Will do this. Sounds like there's some hairy stuff going on and a good
cleanout would be a good idea (as well as a PG upgrade).

Thanks again for your help.

Peter

От: "Mark Steben"
Сообщение: New to PostgreSQL
От: giuseppe.derossi@email.it
Сообщение: installation into virtual server