Re: Postgres 8.3.3, GSSAPI, and Windows XP

От Peter Koczan
Тема Re: Postgres 8.3.3, GSSAPI, and Windows XP
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 6:50 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> * Peter Koczan (pjkoczan@gmail.com) wrote:
>> Gritty details:
>> PostgreSQL 8.3.3
>> Windows XP SP2 (32-bit)
>> Kerberos for Windows 3.2.2
>> Server is running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.2, Kerberos 1.6.2
>
> When using GSSAPI and KfW, you need to set a couple of environment
> variables for libpq to pick up on which indicate it should use GSSAPI
> rather than SSPI (standard Windows Kerberos/AD stuff):
>
> PGGSSLIB = gssapi
>
> and you'll probably also want:
>
> PGKRBSRVNAME = postgres
>
> Just set those through your computer settings, probably system wide on
> the systems in question.
>
> Since it defaults to upper-case POSTGRES on Windows, but if you're
> running KfW, I'm guessing you're using just regular MIT/Kerberos and
> using 'postgres/hostname.domain@REALM'.

That worked perfectly. Thanks.

Is there a way to specify gssapi as the default to use at build time,
so no environment variables would have to be set? It's fine if the
answer is no since setting one ENV variable isn't a huge deal, but
it'd be nice if it could "just work".

Peter