Обсуждение: Postgres 8.3.3, GSSAPI, and Windows XP

Postgres 8.3.3, GSSAPI, and Windows XP

От
"Peter Koczan"
Дата:
Hello,

I'm trying to offer a Windows XP client for Postgres 8.3.3 to my
users. I have it built and installed and everything is working except
for GSSAPI. I'm getting the following error:

C:\temp>S:\postgresql-8.3.3\bin\psql -h mitchell -p 5432 postgres
psql: SSPI continuation error: No credentials are available in the
security package
 (8009030e)

But authenticating against a server using krb5 authentication works
perfectly fine.
C:\temp>S:\postgresql-8.3.3\bin\psql -h vero -p 5432 postgres

Which is promising, but I'm really looking to go to GSSAPI since
native krb5 is deprecated.

I made sure that a copy of gssapi32.dll is in the same directory as
psql, and it's still giving me the same errors. Any ideas what is
going on or what I can do to fix it?

Gritty details:
PostgreSQL 8.3.3
Windows XP SP2 (32-bit)
Kerberos for Windows 3.2.2
Server is running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.2, Kerberos 1.6.2

Thanks much,
Peter

Re: Postgres 8.3.3, GSSAPI, and Windows XP

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Peter,

* Peter Koczan (pjkoczan@gmail.com) wrote:
> Gritty details:
> PostgreSQL 8.3.3
> Windows XP SP2 (32-bit)
> Kerberos for Windows 3.2.2
> Server is running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.2, Kerberos 1.6.2

When using GSSAPI and KfW, you need to set a couple of environment
variables for libpq to pick up on which indicate it should use GSSAPI
rather than SSPI (standard Windows Kerberos/AD stuff):

PGGSSLIB = gssapi

and you'll probably also want:

PGKRBSRVNAME = postgres

Just set those through your computer settings, probably system wide on
the systems in question.

Since it defaults to upper-case POSTGRES on Windows, but if you're
running KfW, I'm guessing you're using just regular MIT/Kerberos and
using 'postgres/hostname.domain@REALM'.

    Enjoy!

        Stephen

Вложения

Re: Postgres 8.3.3, GSSAPI, and Windows XP

От
"Peter Koczan"
Дата:
On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 6:50 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> * Peter Koczan (pjkoczan@gmail.com) wrote:
>> Gritty details:
>> PostgreSQL 8.3.3
>> Windows XP SP2 (32-bit)
>> Kerberos for Windows 3.2.2
>> Server is running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.2, Kerberos 1.6.2
>
> When using GSSAPI and KfW, you need to set a couple of environment
> variables for libpq to pick up on which indicate it should use GSSAPI
> rather than SSPI (standard Windows Kerberos/AD stuff):
>
> PGGSSLIB = gssapi
>
> and you'll probably also want:
>
> PGKRBSRVNAME = postgres
>
> Just set those through your computer settings, probably system wide on
> the systems in question.
>
> Since it defaults to upper-case POSTGRES on Windows, but if you're
> running KfW, I'm guessing you're using just regular MIT/Kerberos and
> using 'postgres/hostname.domain@REALM'.

That worked perfectly. Thanks.

Is there a way to specify gssapi as the default to use at build time,
so no environment variables would have to be set? It's fine if the
answer is no since setting one ENV variable isn't a huge deal, but
it'd be nice if it could "just work".

Peter