Re: Updated backup APIs for non-exclusive backups

От David Steele
Тема Re: Updated backup APIs for non-exclusive backups
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/11/18 5:33 PM, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> On Mon, 2018-11-26 at 10:18 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>> [about managing backups from pre- and post-file-system-backup scrips]
>>>
>>> Good point, and it puts the ball in my court :^)
>>
>> Enjoy :)
>
> I have come up with some sample code here:
> https://github.com/cybertec-postgresql/safe-backup
>
> This just uses bash and psql.
> Does that look reasonably safe?
>
> It's probably too big to be introduced into the documentation, but maybe
> we could add it to the Wiki.

My bash-fu is not all that great, but it seems to me you could do this
all in one script and forgo the table entirely.  Just do the file copy
at about line 60 in pgpre.sh.

It does look workable to me, just wonder if it could be simpler.

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net