Re: Add timeline to partial WAL segments

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Add timeline to partial WAL segments
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 11:27:30PM -0500, David Steele wrote:
> And yeah, I'm not sure that I'm totally sold on this idea either, but I
> wanted to get a conversation going.

Another idea which I think we could live with is to embed within the
segment file name the LSN switch point, in a format consistent with
backup history files.  And as a bonus it could be used for sanity
checks.

(I am completely sold to the idea of prioritizing file types in the
archiver.)
--
Michael

Вложения