Re: Incomplete dump?

От Benno Pütz
Тема Re: Incomplete dump?
Дата
Re: Incomplete dump?  ("A. Kretschmer" <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

>=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Benno_P=FCtz?= <puetz@mpipsykl.mpg.de> writes:
>

>>When trying to dump a database for upgrading to the current PSQL version
>>using pg_dump I observed the following:
>>

>Which version of pg_dump were you using, exactly?
>

>>The process seems to have finished without problems, but the resulting
>>dump file does not end in
>>

>>--
>>-- PostgreSQL database dump complete
>>--
>>

>>but rather with a command line (complete, not truncated as might be the
>>case when running out of disk space, which was plenty anyway)
>>

>>Is this an indication of an incomplete dump? If so how could one proceed?
>>

>I don't remember which version of pg_dump started adding that trailer.
>If it's an old copy then maybe you're OK.  If it should have a trailer
>and doesn't then you're right to be suspicious.

This may well be the reason, The version in question is 7.4.8 (hence my
wish to upgrade) while my backup script worked with a newer (8.0) DB and
was copied over ...
Does anybody know when the trailer was added?

>Could pg_dump have been
>operating under a file-size ulimit that stopped it early?
>
>            regards, tom lane

"ulimit -a"reports:
core file size        (blocks, -c) 0
data seg size         (kbytes, -d) unlimited
file size             (blocks, -f) unlimited
max locked memory     (kbytes, -l) 32
max memory size       (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files                    (-n) 1024
pipe size          (512 bytes, -p) 8
stack size            (kbytes, -s) unlimited
cpu time             (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes            (-u) 8192
virtual memory        (kbytes, -v) unlimited

so I don't think this to be the problem.

Thanks
    Benno

--
Benno Pütz