XML Support

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема XML Support
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I'm trying to use XML with PG, and I a descriptioin of the XML support for
PostgreSQL at http://www.throwingbeans.org/postgresql_and_xml_updated.html

As I could not find the mentioned package in my Windows installation (8.1.3) I
thought I'd give the package from that website a try even though it says it's
for 8.0

I copied all the .dll from the archive to $libdir and after restarting PG I
tried to create the necessary functions using the supplied SQL script.

But when running the supplied script, I get an error message:

ERROR: could not load library "D:/Programme/Postgres/lib/libpgxml.dll":

The library is definitely available at that location. I tried to copy the .dll
files from the suggested bin directory into $libdir as well (to make sure they
are found by the postmaster process). Adding bin or lib to the system path does
not seem to make a difference either. To be precise: I'm talking about the
following files that are part of the archive:

bin/iconv.dll
bin/libxml2.dll
bin/libxslt.dll
bin/zlib1.dll
lib/libpgxml.dll

So I am suspecting that this is a version conflict (which is somewhat expected,
as the module is inteded for 8.0 not for 8.1)

Does anybody know whether there is an update planned for this module or even
built-in XML support in a later version?

I tried to contact the author as suggested on the website, but have not received
any answer so far.

Thanks in advance
Thomas