Re: Incomplete dump?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Incomplete dump?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Benno_P=FCtz?= <puetz@mpipsykl.mpg.de> writes:
> When trying to dump a database for upgrading to the current PSQL version
> using pg_dump I observed the following:

Which version of pg_dump were you using, exactly?

> The process seems to have finished without problems, but the resulting
> dump file does not end in

> --
> -- PostgreSQL database dump complete
> --

> but rather with a command line (complete, not truncated as might be the
> case when running out of disk space, which was plenty anyway)

> Is this an indication of an incomplete dump? If so how could one proceed?

I don't remember which version of pg_dump started adding that trailer.
If it's an old copy then maybe you're OK.  If it should have a trailer
and doesn't then you're right to be suspicious.  Could pg_dump have been
operating under a file-size ulimit that stopped it early?