Re: defining Your own sort order for already compiled PostgreSQL

От Adam Radlowski
Тема Re: defining Your own sort order for already compiled PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello, Robin.
Thank You for Your answer.
What's going on:
Fox example, in old Paradox database system, It was possible to define
Your own sort order. There was for example many ready-for-use sort
definitions, like ASCII sort, DOS852,  DOS850. Every sort definition was
in one file. When You renamed this file as "PARADOX.SOR", Paradox used
it as default sort order (after restart of Paradox). It was possible to
make Your own sort definition file.
Very simmilar is situation, when we at the first time run "initdb", but
I don't know, how to make my own sort definition to use by "initdb".
There is many read-to-use (like in Paradox) and I (after reading of
docs) know, how to use them, but I want to define my own - not for
example de_DE or en_US or pl_PL, but adam_ADAM ;-) and use it for "initdb".
Becouse Hakan's answers didn't help me, so I decided to workaround this
problem, and - I suppose - with success (the idea looks good, but it is
not realised to the end yet).
I don't write more about my "workaround idea", becouse it is a lot to
write and I don't know, if it will be interesting for You (it was my
problem, not Yours ;-) ).
Greetings from Gdynia
Adam