Re: Autovacuum probably not working?

От Szabolcs BALLA
Тема Re: Autovacuum probably not working?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Robin Iddon írta:
> Szabolcs BALLA wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I delete 30M record from the db (8.1.0). I made query about size of the
>> tables, but after 1 day the size of the tables not changed. (Autovacuum
>> settings was original)
>> So, I change the autovacuum setting but after another day the size not
>> changed.
>>
>> autovacuum_naptime = 10
>> autovacuum_vacuum_threshold = 1000
>> autovacuum_analyze_threshold = 500
>> autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor = 0.1
>> autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor = 0.1
>> autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay = -1
>> autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit = -1
>>

> Check your FSM sizes in postgresql.conf ...
>
> Robin

shared_buffers = 153600
work_mem = 524288
maintenance_work_mem = 786432
max_fsm_pages = 510000
max_fsm_relations = 10000

Cost-Based Vacuum Delay is on default settings.
So, i thing my settings are ok. What do you think?

Thanks,
Szabek

От: jonathan.lister@vaisala.com
Сообщение: Is there an efficient way to check whether a particular index or constraint exists?