Re: the integer type

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: the integer type
Дата
Список pgsql-general
chris smith wrote:

> What error do you get? I'm sure pgAdmin will show something.
>
> Try it from console:
>
> psql.exe dbname
> create table t1(a int);
>
> (Always CC the list, someone else might be able to help you if I don't
> know the answer).

It's not a error, pgAdmin III simply does not display the word integer
in it's drop down comboboxes, it uses all the internal representation of
types not the SQL standard aliases.

PG Lightning Admin on the other hand does use the SQL standard names in
the comboboxes which make things a little easier for those coming from
other databases and that's why PG
Lightning Admin is the best choice for all users running a win32 desktop
or coming from another database system such as MS SQL server.  Just
because it's free (pgAdminIII) does not mean it should be your only or
best choice.

pgAdmin III also won't accept double precision in it's type selection
combobox.

Later,

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design

От: Michael Glaesemann
Сообщение: Re: export from views
От: "Leif B. Kristensen"
Сообщение: Re: browser shows garbage instead of UTF-8 characters