Re: browser shows garbage instead of UTF-8 characters

От Leif B. Kristensen
Тема Re: browser shows garbage instead of UTF-8 characters
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday 13 April 2006 13:12, Sadm sadm wrote:
>Hello!
>I have a PostgreSQL database with UTF-8 encoding. It stores russian
> characters. When I fetch a record from this database and output it to
> the web browser as html page, it looks like a garbage instead of
> normal russian characters. I'm using html with <meta
> http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">.
>
>Please help me to find a mistake.
>Thanks in advance.

If you're using PHP, you should issue the command:

pg_set_client_encoding($db, $encoding);

I don't know which value of $encoding you should use with Cyrillic
letters, but I'm using LATIN1 which works fine with Norwegian.
http://solumslekt.org/ | Cruising with Gentoo/KDE