Re: semctl(): Invalid argument

От Koen Martens
Тема Re: semctl(): Invalid argument
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
FWIW, i've been running two postmasters on the same port on a
FreeBSD 6.0-RELENG server, one in the host and one in a jail (this
is on a devel server). I don't like running postgresql in a jail
anyway, because it involves enabling sysv IPC inside jails, which
sort of defeats the entire purpose of having a jail..

Gr,

Koen

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> It looks like moving to FreeBSD 6.x for some of our servers is biting me
> in the butt ... they "broke" something with semaphores that used to work
> with 4.x, so that you can't run two postmasters on port 5432 within two
> seperate jails ... :(
>
> On Sun, 2 Apr 2006, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>

>> What would cause the following?
>>
>> # psql -U pgsql -l
>> psql: FATAL:  semctl(327686, 3, SETVAL, 0) failed: Invalid argument
>>
>> The server is FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE ... there are two jails running
>> on it ... both jails are running PostgreSQL 7.4 ... I have the kernel
>> built with enough semaphores:
>>
>> options         SYSVSHM
>> options         SHMMAXPGS=199608
>> options         SHMMAX=(SHMMAXPGS*PAGE_SIZE+1)
>>
>> options         SYSVSEM
>> options         SEMMNI=4096
>> options         SEMMNS=8192
>>
>> options         SYSVMSG                 # SYSV-style message queues
>>
>> And am definitely not using that many:
>>
>> (from ipcs -a):
>>           ID          KEY MODE        OWNER    GROUP    CREATOR
>> CGROUP NSEMS OTIME    CTIME s       393216      5432001
>> --rw-------       70 70       70       70           17 13:46:07 13:46:07
>> s       393217      5432002 --rw-------       70       70
>> 70       70 17 13:46:07 13:46:07
>> s       393218      5432003 --rw-------       70       70
>> 70       70 17 13:46:07 13:46:07
>> s       393219      5432004 --rw-------       70       70
>> 70       70 17 13:46:07 13:46:07
>> s       393220      5432005 --rw-------       70       70
>> 70       70 17 13:46:07 13:46:07
>> s       393221      5432006 --rw-------       70       70
>> 70       70 17 13:46:07 13:46:07
>> s       393222      5432007 --rw-------       70       70
>> 70       70 17 13:46:07 13:46:07
>>
>> So figure there must be something else that I should be looking at ...
>>
>> Thanks ...
>>
>> ----
>> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services
>> (http://www.hub.org)
>> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ:
>> 7615664

> ----
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Сообщение: Re: PITR Based replication ...
Сообщение: Re: PITR Based replication ...