Re: Nightly builds

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Nightly builds
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Davidson, Robert wrote:

>I now have two minor bugs for which patches exist.
>
>I am game to write up some better instructions for installing mingw to compile postgresql on Windows if there are any
noteson which packages need to be installed. I have successfully compiled and installed on Linux.

>If there were a place to download patches, this would allow moderately adventurous Windows users to roll their own and
avoidthe overhead of nightly Windows builds.

If the patches have been applied to the stable branch, you should not
need to download them yourself; just check out the relevant branch and
build it. e.g. to check out the 8.1 stable branch, do:
  cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.postgresql.org:/projects/cvsroot co
-P -r REL8_1_STABLE pgsql

And if they haven't been applied, you should wait till they have been,
since only then will you know that they have been properly reviewed.

In short, you shouldn't need to apply patches directly, unless you are
testing to assist the patch author.

cheers

andrew