Re: Nightly builds

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Nightly builds
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Davidson, Robert wrote:
>> If there were a place to download patches, this would allow moderately adventurous Windows users to roll their own
andavoid the overhead of nightly Windows builds.

> ... you shouldn't need to apply patches directly, unless you are
> testing to assist the patch author.

In any case, patches that are done but not yet applied would be
available from the pgsql-patches archives.  Assuming you've got a copy
of "patch" or equivalent, you could cherry-pick unapplied stuff from
there.

This is all old hat to longtime Unix users, but I think it's a vanishing
skill among newer ones because of the prevalence of package-based
distributions.  And of course Windows and Mac users are completely
unaccustomed to the idea of rolling their own builds.  Documentation
wouldn't be a bad idea.