Re: Random disconnects

От Koen Martens
Тема Re: Random disconnects
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Robin Iddon wrote:
>> But I think there might be some underlying problem and if so, i'd
>> like to know about it and fix it.
>>

> It seems to me that the JVM is having problems writing to the socket
> that connects to the postgres server with the "Network is unreachable"
> error being the cause.
> What's the connectivity from your clients to your database - localhost,
> same LAN, routed LANs, WAN, ...?
>
> Even though the perl script says "This probably means the server
> terminated abnormally before or while processing the request", I doubt
> that's what happened - more likely is you lost the network between them
> (but not if you were running on localhost, probably!).

Well, that is the strange thing, it is on the same machine. The
client is in a freebsd jail however, the database is not. I
suspected that maybe the default setting of 128 of maximum number of
sockets had something to do with it, but increasing that (to, say,
32768) did not help much..

It is indeed not the case that the server exited abnormally, it is
just fine. It could, of course, be that the server process serving
the particular client died, then i should enable some more verbose
logging probably to find out such things.. Something to dive into!

Gr,

Koen