Re: Random disconnects

От Robin Iddon
Тема Re: Random disconnects
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
>In java, this big fat exception:
>
>org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occured while
>sending to the backend.
>Call stack:
>org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occured while
>sending to the backend.
>    at
>org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:214)
>    at

<snip>

>    at websphinx.Worm.run(Crawler.java:1994)
>Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable

<snip>

>org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:187)
>    ... 9 more
>

>But I think there might be some underlying problem and if so, i'd
>like to know about it and fix it.

It seems to me that the JVM is having problems writing to the socket
that connects to the postgres server with the "Network is unreachable"
error being the cause.

What's the connectivity from your clients to your database - localhost,
same LAN, routed LANs, WAN, ...?

Even though the perl script says "This probably means the server
terminated abnormally before or while processing the request", I doubt
that's what happened - more likely is you lost the network between them
(but not if you were running on localhost, probably!).

Cheers,
Robin

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: 8.1 display in top
От: "Sriram Dandapani"
Сообщение: Re: Re out of memory error with large insert