Re: problem with large maintenance_work_mem settings and

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: problem with large maintenance_work_mem settings and
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
>
>>On 3/4/06, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:
>>

>>>forgot to mention that this is 8.1.3 compiled from source. Further
>>>testing shows that not only CREATE INDEX has some issue with large
>>>maintenance_work_mem settings :
>>

>>what does it show:
>>cat /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax
>

> 1421326592
>
> not that I think it is related to the problem at all. It looks like I'm
> hitting the MaxAllocSize Limit in src/include/utils/memutils.h.

just tried to increase this limit to 4GB (from the default 1GB) and this
seems to help a fair bit. (ie CREATE INDEX and VACUUM do seem to work
with much higher maintainance_work_mem settings now.
BUT: VACUUM VERBOSE (or VACUUM ANALYZE VERBOSE) breaks(with a rather
gigantic allocation request ;-)):

foo=# VACUUM VERBOSE;
INFO:  vacuuming "information_schema.sql_features"
ERROR:  invalid memory alloc request size 18446744073709551615

Stefan