Re: problem with large maintenance_work_mem settings and

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: problem with large maintenance_work_mem settings and
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
>> not that I think it is related to the problem at all. It looks like I'm
>> hitting the MaxAllocSize Limit in src/include/utils/memutils.h.

> just tried to increase this limit to 4GB (from the default 1GB) and this
> seems to help a fair bit.

s/help a fair bit/break a whole lot of stuff/

There are reasons for that limit, and you can't just arbitrarily
rejigger it.

The sorting code probably needs a defense to keep it from trying to
exceed MaxAllocSize for the SortObject array; AFAIR there is no such
consideration there now, but it's easily added.  I'm not sure where your
VACUUM failure is coming from though --- can you get a back trace from
the errfinish call in that case?

Сообщение: Re: Building Windows Server Extensions Using VC++ 2005
Сообщение: Re: Building Windows Server Extensions Using VC++ 2005