Re: {I} One Information required...

От Q Beukes
Тема Re: {I} One Information required...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hey,

Simply create a new non adminstrator user, say "postgres" with a password.
Give this user write permissions to the empty data directory.

Then login as this user and run initdb like did before.

You are going to have to register the postgres service under this user too.
You can do this by running pg_ctl like this:
> pg_ctl.exe register -N PostgreSQL -U [user] -P [user password]

After this you can run:
> net start PostgreSQL
to start postgres, or you can use the windows tool to start/stop services.

If you dont want to register the service you will have to login to this
user everytime
in order to start postgresql. Services are a handy Windows feature.

There is also a tool in windows with which you can run commands under
other users, similiar to "su" in linux, but I can't remember the name.
Google for it if you wish
to take this route.

any questions feel free to mail me ;>
regards