Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.6 crash

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.6 crash
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Mark Woodward" <pgsql@mohawksoft.com> writes:
> PostgreSQL promptly uses all available memory for the query and
> subsequently crashes.

I'll bet a nickel this is on a Linux machine with OOM kill enabled.
What does the postmaster log show --- or look in the kernel log to
see if it mentions anything about an out-of-memory kill.

> freedb=# create table ucode as select distinct ucode from cdtitles group
> by ucode having count(ucode)>1 ;

What does EXPLAIN show as the plan for that?  If it's a hash aggregate,
try with "enable_hashagg" turned off.  How many distinct ucode values
are there in the table?