Re: Upcoming re-releases

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Upcoming re-releases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alexander Schreiber wrote:

>At least two of the distributions I use
>regularly (Gentoo and Debian) have the habit of adding a load of patches
>during package build. And not all of those go back to the upstream, to
>put it mildly ...

And they are not always sensible. A while back the Gentoo packagers
decided to "improve" the messages from initdb - the patch they applied
was completely erroneous, and I believe they have now fixed it.

I tend to be suspicious of distro applied patches. (I do like the change
to use log rotation that recent Rh/Fedora packages have made.)

cheers

andrew