Re: Upcoming re-releases

От Alexander Schreiber
Тема Re: Upcoming re-releases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 11:28 -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
>
>> I'd really like to see the multiple DB connections with different
>> Kerberos credentials go in to 8.1.3.  It solved the problem we were
>> having authenticating to PostgreSQL using Kerberos from Apache.  We were
>> also able to get phppgadmin to use Kerberos authentication with this
>> patch (which is very nice).  That patch also went into the 8.1.2-2
>> release of the Debian packages
>
> [OT]
> So Debian has a patch that is not in 8.1.2? I can't believe that they
> are doing that -- personally I'm against to add any patch into binaries
> that is not in the core.
> [/OT]

You haven't been looking too closely at the way some distributions are
building their packages then. At least two of the distributions I use
regularly (Gentoo and Debian) have the habit of adding a load of patches
during package build. And not all of those go back to the upstream, to
put it mildly ...

Regards,      Alex.
--
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls andlooks like work."
         -- Thomas A. Edison