Re: pg_hba.conf alternative

От Q Beukes
Тема Re: pg_hba.conf alternative
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
To give it to you straight... its just to ease the minds of management.

Someone pointed out to them how easy it really is to access the data, and
this kind of started to make them feel uncomfortable.

They know the admins are very computer literate and that any protection
can be broken by them.

But it's just like information locked inside a cabinet, it can be
accessed by breaking in
right? But employees wont do it, because it's just not ethical to break
into your
employers private stash. But if it was lying on a paper on a desk
somewhere,
even the most honest employee might peek onto it for interest sake.

And this type of information can stir quite a bit, trust me.

That is all I was wondering about, if there was a way to just lock it
inside a
cabinet with a tiny bit more security.

After that you can always take measures to make sure they aren't
installing malicious
software, or taking information home. You can install software like
Tripwire to make
sure the binaries are kept fine, remove gcc and so forth.