User Defined Types in Java

От Thomas Hallgren
Тема User Defined Types in Java
Дата
Re: User Defined Types in Java  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,
I'd like to enable UDT's written in Java and made some initial trial and
error. I don't get very far. Here's what I do:

I take the 'complex' type example described in '31.11 User-Defined
Types' and change it to use Java functions (see below). But I get:
 ERROR:  type "complex" does not exist

as soon as I execute the first CREATE statement. If I change the
language from java to C and try again, the message is different (and
more according to the docs):
  NOTICE:  type "complex" is not yet defined  DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.

The documentation says "Creating a new base type requires implementing
functions to operate on the type in a low-level language, usually C". I
read that as it would be possible to use other languages. Apparently
java is not one of them. What can I do to change that?

Kind regards,
Thomas Hallgren

CREATE FUNCTION complex_in(cstring)   RETURNS complex   AS 'org.postgresql.pljava.example.Complex.in'   LANGUAGE java
IMMUTABLESTRICT;

CREATE FUNCTION complex_out(complex)   RETURNS cstring   AS 'org.postgresql.pljava.example.Complex.out'   LANGUAGE java
IMMUTABLESTRICT;

CREATE FUNCTION complex_recv(internal)   RETURNS complex   AS 'org.postgresql.pljava.example.Complext.recv'   LANGUAGE
javaIMMUTABLE STRICT;

CREATE FUNCTION complex_send(complex)   RETURNS bytea   AS 'org.postgresql.pljava.example.Complext.send'   LANGUAGE
javaIMMUTABLE STRICT;

CREATE TYPE complex (  internallength = 16,  input = complex_in,  output = complex_out,  receive = complex_recv,  send
=complex_send,  alignment = double

);