Re: New project launched : PostgreSQL GUI Installer for

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: New project launched : PostgreSQL GUI Installer for
Дата
Re: New project launched : PostgreSQL GUI Installer for  ("Jeffrey W. Baker" <jwbaker@acm.org>)
Re: New project launched : PostgreSQL GUI Installer for  (Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de>)
Re: New project launched : PostgreSQL GUI Installer for  ("J. Andrew Rogers" <jrogers@neopolitan.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

>On my Debian systems, I can install PostgreSQL quite readily via the
>command "apt-get install postgresql-8.1", which can get GUIed at least
>somewhat if I run aptitude, synaptic, or such...

Yes Christopher, you can... I can, and Devrim can....

As more and more people come on board people are going to want to
download a .exe (a metaphor),
double click and have it open an installer, they will then want to click
next, next, continue, finish.

You don't get that with apt-get install.

There is a reason that even Oracle has a graphical installer on Linux,
because most people installing
the software:

A. Don't know how to use it
B. Probably don't know how to use Linux
C. Don't want to.

Joshua D. Drake

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] New project launched : PostgreSQL GUI
От: "Marc G. Fournier"
Сообщение: Re: New project launched : PostgreSQL GUI Installer for