Re: New project launched : PostgreSQL GUI Installer for

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: New project launched : PostgreSQL GUI Installer for
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake schrieb:
> As more and more people come on board people are going to want to
> download a .exe (a metaphor),
> double click and have it open an installer, they will then want to click
> next, next, continue, finish.
>
> You don't get that with apt-get install.

Well you can use a frontend and search and click as well. I see no
problem - and it really works, as opposed to:

> There is a reason that even Oracle has a graphical installer on Linux,
> because most people installing
> the software:
>
> A. Don't know how to use it
> B. Probably don't know how to use Linux
> C. Don't want to.
Hehehe. Did you actually use this installer? I did! And lets tell you,
you dont come by w/o any linux/unix knowledge.

Regards
Tino

От: Tino Wildenhain
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] New project launched : PostgreSQL GUI
От: "Marc G. Fournier"
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] New project launched : PostgreSQL GUI